ICAN Start Working is a new program built on a partnership with the Chandler Compadres that will launch at the start of the 2015-2016 school year. This program will focus on transitioning youth from high school into college and career.
ICAN Start Working will:
- Identify students for the program (starting as early as junior high school) and work with them on what it is they want to do – whether it be learning a trade or attending community college or university
- Those students will be referred to partners for college readiness, they work on goal setting and resume building.
- The students will then be placed in jobs and classes that will hopefully lead to full-time work.
What can you do?
- Maybe you or someone you know has a business that employs skilled workers? We hope that you would consider working with ICAN to provide opportunities for interns or apprentices at your place of business.
- Maybe you know a high school student or recent graduate who would be a great fit in this program.
If you would like to participate in some way with ICAN Start Working, please contact Melissa Jimro, Chief Programs Officer at (480) 874-7591 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for a program flyer.