March 20, 2013 has been announced as the first Arizona Gives Day, a 24-hour online initiative encouraging Arizonans to support the efforts of nonprofits from all over the state. Donors select their organization of choice and where their online donation will go directly to. The day was organized by The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum.
ICAN is one of the participating nonprofits and there are a few ways you can get involved!
- Designate ICAN as your nonprofit of choice
- Visit the ICAN Arizona Gives Day page and become a “fan”
- Share ICAN to family and friends through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Encourage your networks to learn about and give at least $10 or more through the ICAN Arizona Gives Day page on March 20
- Let everyone know all donations received by ICAN through Arizona Gives Day are tax deductible!
- You can even pre-schedule your donation for March 20 on the ICAN Arizona Gives Day website, just choose the option “On Giving Day” on the drop down menu
- Visit Coach and Willie’s in Chandler (1 E. Boston St.) between 11am – 11pm on March 20 and make a donation during your visit and if you show the staff you’ve made your donation in the restaurant, they will give you a 20% off coupon for your next visit.
All donations made on Arizona Gives Day will be matched dollar for dollar by First Credit Union, up to $1,000. ICAN is serving 67.1% more youth since June 2012 and every donation, no matter how big or small, makes a difference!
Just sharing the word about ICAN makes a difference to local youth. Jose F., age 16 is an example of a typical ICAN youth. He lives in a 3-bedroom home with 6 other family members and works part time to bring in the majority of the household income, making the prospect of dropping out of high school a very real possibility in order to be a central provider for his family. Jose has positive support at ICAN to help with his homework and life skills so he is able to focus on successfully graduating from high school and having the skills and resources he needs to guide him through his future.
Thank you to AlphaGraphics of Gilbert for promoting ICAN as their nonprofit of choice for Arizona Gives Day. They are offering a gift certificate that equals 100% of donations made to ICAN on Arizona Gives Day, and if you are interested in participating please contact Brandon Bagley at email@example.com.
Be sure to share this ICAN Arizona Gives Day page link as the place to give a donation on March 20: