Programs for teens focus on academic success, leadership, career development, healthy living and real-life skills. ICAN’s teen programs empower teens to take ownership of their community and develop skills they can apply to future academic and professional work.
Programs for Teens
- Academic Success- Guides youth to develop positive study and homework completion habits. Weekly workshops and mentoring help youth with the process of getting their high school diploma and exploring options for attending college.
- -Special programming for Math Tutoring is held for junior high and high school aged youth in partnership with engineers from General Dynamics.
- Youth Peer Leadership – Fosters leadership skill-building, community service, and guidance in post-high school planning.
- -The Peer Leadership program participants also play a large role on the Chandler Coalition on Youth Substance Abuse (CCYSA), volunteering to be leaders in their community when it comes to education and awareness of the dangers of substance abuse.
- Motivational Mondays – Guest speakers come to our teen forum at ICAN to discuss their personal stories of success and share their advice and guidance.
- Circuit Training- Focuses on improving strength, aerobic fitness, and flexibility all in one workout.
- ICAN Garden- Introduces the art and science of gardening using fundamental math, reading and writing skills, as well as practical applications. The Gardening program increases awareness of the environment, natural resources, ecology, conservation, composting and recycling.
- Money Management-Teaches the fundamentals of money management, budgeting, and saving.
- Career Development- Assists with job readiness (resumes, interviewing skills, and professional attire), career planning and management.
- Field Trips- Encourages youth to get out and about enjoying activities such as hiking, swimming, and recreational activities within the community.
Sign Up Today!
Q-How do I become a member of the Teen Center?
A-Teens need to fill out a membership application and then they are welcome to come to the Teen Center. There is not a waiting list for high school students.
Q-What do teens do when in the Teen Center?
A- During the year, teens are able to have some free time to unwind after school. They play sports, utilize the computers, and interact with the younger members. The first program of the day in the teen center is study hall. Teens are able to study and complete homework. Other programs offered include: workforce development, monthly community service, healthy lifestyles, and Youth Peer Leadership.
Q-Do the teens go on field trips?
A-The teens participate in monthly off-site community service projects. With participation and appropriate behavior, teens are able to earn points for our incentive program toward fun recreational events and outings.
Q-How is the supervision in the Teen Center?
A- Teens are never left alone without adult supervision.
Q-How much does it cost to attend the ICAN’s Teen Center?
A-All programs within ICAN are free, including healthy snack and dinner. All field trips are also free!